Thoughts on Hope

That’s the problem. We don’t have law and order. Many of these protests are about an ex-cop who pressed his knee on a non-violent person’s neck until he died of suffocation. Now that cop is going to be tried for murder. And stop bringing Krishnamurti’s name in as support for your opinions. You don’t speak for Krishnamurti.

OK, how about the person’s name and when he told you this?

1 Like

I don’t think it is any of your business who confided in me. He was a lot more of an insider that you ever was. If hanging around KFA property made you an insider, then even the Pepper Tree or the house cat would qualify as an insider.

That’s what I thought. There wasn’t anyone.

The above statement is pretty childish thing to say. Envy, jealousy and anger can make people say the most astounding things. I don’t think there is any need for this kind of rudeness.

1 Like

I am a deplorable. What do I know.

Yes, we do, except in cities where folks are allowed by inapt public officials to vent their unhappiness at the expense of other law-abiding people. America is still a wonderful country if you can see it without ugly thoughts.

Here’s the orderly version:
With a crazy man in charge, we’d be crazy not to protest

1 Like

But when one is faced with the fact that his version of reality is questionable, as you are now, why imagine K’s mind? Why not stay with the fact that your opinion may be no more than what you wish to be true?

1 Like

In charge of what? I see it as a phobia, this exaggerated response to an imagined dangerous individual in our midst. It’s nothing short of bigotry. It’s like being fearful of a certain passenger boarding your flight because he looks like you know who.

We have a Congress filled with politicians who have the power to give this crazy man a hard time. They have been hobbling him and badgering him since he took his oath of office. And you also have 9 Chief Justices stopping him if he makes a wrong move. You need to relax.

It is truly wonderful how thought imagines it knows so much.

But of course I did not ‘scold’ Patricia and Patricia did not ‘rib’ me and I did not ‘snap’ back.

Maybe that is what led you astray. You observed the interaction but failed to observe the observer of that interaction. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I was not imagining Krishnamurti’s mind. There was no Krishnamurti, remember? He said it. “The Krishnamurti mind” is my invention to point to a mind that is not cracked.

This is such a strange assertion that I think it needs highlighting.

K spent the whole of his adult life explaining how nationalism and religion are causes of division. Of course they are not the fundamental causes as they too are caused by the divisions that precede them. But they are important rallying points in the transmission belt of division because they are key thought forms in human culture and permeate global thought.

An inquiry into this might start with the nature of division and then go on to examine the role and function of key ideas such as nationalism, religion and order.

2 Likes

We need to quit opinionating

Good idea. Let’s look into nationalism. Is it a natural development of human culture? How does it come about? What is your view in this regard?

You need to give references for your quotes. Whether from K or someone else. This doesn’t sound like something K said and it is certainly invalid on the basis I have stated above. Not giving citations for quotes is not optional. Of course there was a Krishnamurti. He never denied that he existed.

Good idea but we should start closer to home and look at oneself as a ‘nation’. It spreads out from that ‘center’ doesn’t it?

You may have to help me out here. I have more than one passport. There is no doubt that my roots are here (US) and I love it but I can be happy living the rest of my life elsewhere. Are you talking about patriotism?

You mean what Krishnamurti said (“there is no K!”)? Disregard it then because I cannot back it up with citation. It was in a Q&A after a talk when he was talking about the stream of consciousness in which mankind lives. Just then, a woman in the audience asked,“So, in the stream there is K…” And Krishnamurti corrected her saying “There is no K!”. There was an audible gasp from her and it got to me because I was also taken aback by that declaration.

No…

5 posts were split to a new topic: Nationalism is Glorified Tribalism

No citation and K simply didn’t say that. You could, at least, post the place, the month and probably even the day.

Your entire post is completely inaccurate, misinformed, misleading and nearly pure propaganda. Trump has repeatedly “made the wrong move” or blatantly broken the law and no one, especially the Senate, has done anything. And there is only one “Chief Justice” the other eight are Justices two of which were appointed by Trump. I could go on pointing out errors but what’s the point?