Thinking and Thought

Yes. They - memory, personality, belief, knowledge - are non-existent. Those words point to illusory things unlike those that you can hold in your hands, sink your teeth in and swallow down your throat.

Well, first of all the “old man” didn’t wear eye glasses and secondly I do see for myself what consciousness is. Is this going to be your defense for being so mistaken about no one knowing what consciousness is?

If you agree with this why did you say in your post that I quoted that they, thinking and thought, weren’t the same thing and that thought didn’t exist ? Of course there is thought. That’s what the problem is. Our minds are never quiet we are always thinking. Always hoping for something in the future or thinking of things in the past. These activities are what keeps us from being in the present…observing without choice. This, quite likely, is what K said no one ever “got”.

“Thinking” is an action word, a verb; while “thought” is a noun for a thinking action that’s over. In this case, “thinking” and “thought” are not the same thing. The former is an actuality while the latter is an idea of an action that no longer exist. If you regard thought and thinking as the same thing in casual conversation, that’s fine and I can accept that. I prefer to be technically correct and accurate in the use of words for serious inquiry.

That’s like saying painting is the actuality while the latter, paint, is an idea of an action that no longer exists. May I suggest that we start getting serious with our replies and not post silly things? Obviously both painting and thinking are activities that involve the paint and the thought respectively. The paint doesn’t disappear and neither does the thought. Surely you are able to see that thinking has to involve thought.

Not quite. If painting is the actuality, then the picture is the product of the action that no longer exist.

Let it go. Thinking is thought. It’s obvious why try to complicate it? I have decided not to respond to your opinions, no matter how irrational because they appear to be endless and I have a better use of my time.

Have you ever met someone who has never had a physics class disagreeing with what they read about quantum physics? That what a lot of this disagreement with what K pointed out reminds me of.

I will not. Krishnamurti is dead. He told us to put our hearts into it and find out what he talked about. If you feel that I am a lost cause because of an intellectual deficiency, don’t reply me or engage me in discussion.

I think you know this is not what I was referring to when I said, “let it go”. Thinking is thought period. Let it go.