The worship of authority is evil

The power of the authority derives from the self’s desire for fulfillment? I believe that you, he, it, can help me ‘become’. This is true in the practical. But psychologically where what may be called for is an ‘emptying’. a stillness, a silence, awareness, an openness to what is, etc, any relation to a so-called ‘authority’ is an ‘impediment?

There is a lot of quoting here but also in society with statements made by so-called authorities.

For example, is a physicist hampered by Einstein’s statements?

No in the same way, someone wanting to learn the piano isn’t “hampered” by a teacher.
This is the ‘practical’ realm’. But in the psychological, say with religion or spirituality, no one ‘knows’. It is all speculation, theory and belief. We’re talking about the evil of worship here: you kneeling down to me for me to give you my blessing.

What you’ve described is an act of desperation. What makes it “evil” to openly acknowledge one’s confusion and conflict in the presence of one who seems to be sane?

It seems to me that “evil” is what we do to other living things when we use what we know about them that they don’t know about themselves, to exploit, enslave, or kill them.

That’s not what we’re talking about. The evil is me ‘worshipping’ you because you might help me get to ‘god’. And you, for allowing such a relationship. Putting another head above your own in this realm is where the evil lies? Looking to another and away from yourself?

1 Like

Yes, I got that, but it seems to me an act of desperation - not something evil.

Putting another head above your own in this realm is where the evil lies?

Why wouldn’t I put another head above my own? I’m obviously not intelligent enough to live without consulting other heads to grasp what they “get” that I don’t.

If you’re implying that because your head is the problem you must not be distracted by what other heads are saying or doing, why do you make an exception for the K-head?

Worshipping to me is different significantly from listening , respecting, admiring, agreeing etc with another.