The Solution

Yes this would most certainly be a liberating insight.

Its actually quite difficult to separate the 2 (or impossible maybe) - I mean my experience of the 2.

“We are educated to be cruel” K - and there is conflict between the ideas we experience - with an obvious lack of clarity arising from this experience (or so it seems from the weird things we say - the logical fallacies we make in our struggle to discriminate)

Yes but it can’t only apply to thinking, it cant be separated from the ‘system’ to use Bohm’s word. The ‘non-identification’ (or attention) has to include everything: the body, feelings, as well as the thinking. It is all connected. There is resistance to seeing oneself in this way: as a conditioned set of reflexes?

As I said earlier, practical thought acknowledges the truth of this statement, but practical thought can’t see the truth of anything - it can only acknowledge what it cannot deny, Until/unless the brain awakens to its capacity for complete attention and choiceless awareness, it is caught in thought.

Me wanna be a REAL boy, not a mechanical dummy whose strings are being pulled! The irony is it can be liberating to feel you are largely driven by reflexive conditioning. Gives you the opportunity to sit back and watch the pulling with equanimity, without heaping blame over yourself.

1 Like