The observer is NOT the observed

How to realize the “awakened intelligence” in our character?

When thought is listened to, (heard) without any reaction?

Sometimes, the mind goes out of control because of situations happening in daily life. In such cases coming back to stillness is difficult for me. Is there any way to remain still inside, after going through turbulence? Such that there will be that gap inside.

What about AMOR FATI?
:slightly_smiling_face:

This is ‘desire’, isn’t it? The desire by thought to move away from ‘what is’ to get to a more ‘desirable’ state, the state of there ‘being a gap’ rather the situation that is, to return to some remembered ‘preferred’ state?

Yeah, it is a desire.

That is the reason, I was asking about AMOR FATI. :slightly_smiling_face:

The implication in that is that there is a ‘someone’ who not only accepts ‘what is’ but ‘loves’ it, whatever it is…Is there such a someone, who stands apart from the adversity and 'accepts it or is it a ‘trick’ of thought that creates a wall of stoicism to confront the present? A doctrine? A philosophy? A static stance facing the movement of life? An act of will?

First of all, I do not know the stoic philosophy completely. I know that, it was established by famous emperor Marcus Aurelius. I observed a similarity in between AMOR FATI and Jiddu’s teaching.

1. In one of the talk’s, Jiddu said, “Is it not one of our difficulties perhaps the major difficulty, that our minds have become extraordinarily shallow? If any difficulty arises we rush to somebody to help us we have not enough capacity to penetrate and find out what it is”.
  2. The idea behind the AMOR FATI is to love and embrace whatever the outcome is, no matter the amount of energy and effort we invested in it.

In both cases, the philosophy of Jiddu and Marcus Aurilues are converging to the same point. That one has to be serious enough to live the life as it is.

Share with me, if I misunderstood something. :slight_smile:

The funny thing is, that I do not know why I connected the inner turbulence with AMOR FATI. :grinning: