Observer/observed/observing

The eye sees what the mind knows?

Is the edge freedom?

Presumably it’s “always present” and the conditioned brain alters, distorts, or denies it. So “what is” is the ever-present truth and the brain’s conditioned response to it.

That’s how I see it too.

I guess we couldn’t be “serious” K-students if we didn’t all see “seeing” the same way from our separate, tricked-out worlds…

You guys might qualify as serious K-students. I’m more the smart aleck who sits in the back and tries to find flaws in the lectures. Guess we each have our roles?

Can we discuss this ?

I do agree that the “what is” is all that is ever-present, the truth & brain’s response to it.

So, the “what is” is the “what is + the what is not” ? Maybe K calls the truth the “what is”, and the “what is + the what is not”, K would call it “reality” ? Cause even if the brain invents stuff, it is still a happening taking place, hence it is real, real imagination, like the mirage in the desert, it is a real phenomenon.

Sorry
I know K - Bohm discussed
-Truth
-Actuality
-Reality
As kind of distinct aspects
Not sure what the “what is” would be
?

You accept the key elements of the K-canon so you can be acceptable, and you dispute lesser elements so you can be irritating?

I’m more the smart aleck who sits in the back and tries to find flaws in the lectures.

In this case the lecturer is dead and the students are trying to grasp what he was saying when he was alive, but if you feel there’s a need for a smart aleck here, who am I to say otherwise?

From what I know about K’s teaching, K and Bohm decided to name what the individual believes to be true, “reality”, while what is actually true, is to be called “actuality”. So, the conditioned brain is existing in the bubble of its personal reality, which exists in the wider, deeper context of actuallity.

This is our predicament, the human condition. We are securely sequestered in the safe predictability of our personal prisons, I, me, mine, while being unable to deny that this is our predicament. We, the human species, have created and are sustaining this condition because we’ve been doing it for so long, we don’t know what else to do, and we can’t stop doing this.

The “what is” is everything - the impersonal truth and the personal distortion of the impersonal truth. This is why the phrase “what-is” is confusing. Personal truth is “reality” and actual truth is “actuality”. They are completely different, but because they coexist, they are both “what is”. So it’s not only meaningless to speak of “what is” without being specific, it’s confusing.

Yea… I agree
Thanks !

BOOM! Your message has been received, loud or clear. Must go now and lick my wounds.

When you wound someone you wound yourself. When you kill someone you kill yourself.

1 Like

Sometimes works that way. Other times we’re oblivious to that which we wreak. Or maybe I’m misinterpreting what you said?

I mean that in order to hurt you, I have to see you as the ‘other’. It is an action of isolation? And it also implies that something can be ‘different’ than what it is…

1 Like

Sorry for BOOMing and wounding you…not my intention.

1 Like

It is difficult not to be in opposition. I am somewhat of a process of opposition.

Being conflict in action, and acting upon other emotional centers (humans, including myself, and other creatures) should we acknowledge some responsibility for suffering?

My opinions feel so important, I feel that they must, must be expressed. But surely I am not a slave to that primal urge?

Is there no way of seeing, accepting and taking responsibilty for the movement of knowledge and suffering?

The observer projects an image. We call that image the observed. (the image could be an image of the observer :crazy_face:)
The observer then observes the image it has projected, this is called observing.
The observations are then reprocessed for use as further observations.

Hot damn! The relation is incestuous in nature (which can lead to problems I hear)