K's Process

In September 1922, K wrote to Lady Emily Lutyens about his “process”, “All the time, I have a violent pain in my head & the nape of my neck & can’t bear the touch of anyone. Also during that time, I become very sensitive, can’t bear a sound, however small it may be. I feel so tired & exhausted, while the thing is going on. Sometimes the whole thing becomes very acute & force has to be used to keep me down & other times it is quite mild.” [19] Was a medical diagnosis missed because of the woo woo expected of Krishnamurti? His symptoms were similar to bacterial meningitis, the inflammation of the fluid and membranes surrounding the brain and spinal cord. Meningitis can be caused by viruses, parasites, fungi, and bacteria. K’s “process” continued intermittently for years. Chronic meningitis develops slowly over weeks, and may last for years. One of the bacteria causing chronic meningitis is Mycobacterium tuberculosis *, which cause tuberculosis. (Krishnamurti’s brother, Nitya, was in Ojai with him at the time to recover from tuberculosis.) “*The bacteria that causes tuberculosis cause a rapidly progressive form of chronic meningitis (called tuberculous meningitis). Meningitis may develop when people are first infected. Or the bacteria may remain in the body in an inactive state and become reactivated later and cause meningitis.” Chronic Meningitis Neurological abnormalities frequently occur after bacterial meningitis, including sleep disturbances like narcolepsy, similar to Krishnamurti’s “fainting” (described by many authors). “*Narcolepsy type 1 covers anyone who has low levels of hypocretin (a brain chemical that controls wakefulness) and experiences cataplexy (sudden muscle loss).” [ncbi] Symptoms of narcolepsy include sudden loss of muscle tone and hallucinations. “An example is feeling as if there is a stranger in your bedroom. These hallucinations may be particularly vivid and frightening because you may not be fully asleep when you begin dreaming and you experience your dreams as reality.” Narcolepsy - Symptoms and causes - Mayo Clinic

1 Like

If you have meningitis you go immediately into coma and most patients die.
What on earth are you talking about man!!!
You seem to be intent to make a distorted image of K. It doesn’t matter because the teachings are something else.

1 Like

One of the distorted old way that some idealists have used in the history is to accuse a scientist or a great thinker of syphilis which is a form of meningitis.

Examiner, with all the medical information readily available today, it is surprising that you would make such inaccurate comments.

In Mary Zimbalist’s unfinished book, K’s physician offered an explanation for K’s fainting. p. 571 “He (Dr. Parchure) explained to me what might cause Krishnaji’s fainting: the vagus nerve controls the heartbeat. K’s pressure and pulse being low—fatigue, shock, a trying atmosphere etcetera—can cause insufficient blood to the brain and precipitates a state below consciousness and so unconsciousness.”