Is the self anything but fear?

Sivaram, I think you can get min characters by adding …(…dot, dot, dot, dot, …etc)

I don’t understand this. Could someone clarify? When did he say “the snake is just a rope “?

Buddhism has a thing they called crazy wisdom. I’ve definitely got the crazy, now all I hafta do is find the wisdom. :wink:

Then I am with you. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I want to reframe my previous set of questions on fear.

Is thinking, going to change the truth of our fears? What happens, if we just look at our own fears without any thought? Is it possible to conquer our own fears? What does it take to get into the state of fearlessness?

No - Thinking is usually a function of fear - we usually think because we want to escape from a problem.
Thinking is the movement of fear - fear cannot escape from itself.

Also intellectual conclusions do not dissipate the self - they reinforce the self
The self which is fear

1 Like

Is this possible? It may be a nonsensical question like : “What happened before time existed?”

I just felt that could be one of the possibilities in the state of fear.

We’re talking about psych fear here right. Not the real running away from the tiger fear? As I see it thought creates an image, the image is repulsive, the body/brain reacts, respiration, pulse changes there is ‘fear’ that the image will, could, may become a reality…

If that process is seen as it unfolds and there is no resistance to it , the image can be seen for what it is, an image thrown up by thought, and it will fade. If there is resistance or attempt to change it, rationalize it, etc it will be given ‘fuel’. But for the process to be seen there has to be awareness in the moment the ‘scary’ image arises. I guess you could say , intelligence (‘reading’ what thought Is doing ) has to be present?

Mac there is no time, I think.

Hi Dan,
I just felt I can feel sensation, that’s it.

:face_with_monocle: :thinking: :exploding_head:

??? Some physicists are wondering whether spacetime may be an effect of perception - but for all intents and purposes we must assume it exists.

Before time, of course, no time exists - existence and the notions of before and after necessitate the existence of time (thats why the question doesn’t work)

In fact I will shortly be getting a call from the time police for using the expression “before time”