Integrating into our daily lives

Krishnamurti spoke of an immensity, love, intelligence and the timeless, which may be referred to by others as expanded states of consciousness or non-duality awareness. It has been inferred that silence, attention, direct perception, and choiceless awareness make these states accessible in daily life. What are other ways to integrate these states in our practical lives?

Are you asking how to have the experience of specific states of consciousness?

States that we may or may not recognise, and may or may not reflect what the original speakers were alluding to.

Or, are you asking what there is to be gained by acquiring these abilities in our day to day life?
They do sound like fantastic prizes that could benefit all of humanity.

When I am free from right and wrong, I can no longer hate you.
The prize is not Love. Freedom is freedom from the prize.

2 Likes

I’m asking how to integrate them into practical life after they have occurred. If they can’t be incorporated into our practical lives, they may not be such prizes.

Another side of Freedom is: realizing that the world is free to be as it is.

I have questions :rofl:

Unless the claim means something like :

Freedom is : accepting that the world is as it is. (?)

Are we asking : how can understanding be incorporated into our day to day life?

Q. How can (the experience of/insight into) timelessness be integrated into our life?

One answer is that transcending time we are freed from loss and gain, thus you are no longer a tool or a hindrance in my struggle to succeed. I can appreciate you in your own right.
Transcending time, we realise everyone’s struggle to succeed, this is compassion. I can see you in this moment.
etc…

Yea…
When buddha woke up, the entire world woke up for/with him. The universe is free to unfold in any imaginable and unimaginable way. Freedom is not mine, it is freedom.

Ahh okay.

In an absolute sense there is no one to be set free and nothing to be free from.
So in a weird way this could be called freedom. But we can use even weirder words like suchness. (or what is)

And we have our notions of what “immensity, love, intelligence and the timelessness” are, but do we really know what K was referring to by these words? Do these words signify actualities, or just our imagined, held beliefs?

It has been inferred that silence, attention, direct perception, and choiceless awareness make these states accessible in daily life.

Yes, but again, do we honestly know what “silence, attention, direct perception, and choiceless awareness”, are? Do these words signify actualities or just what we choose to think they signify?

What are other ways to integrate these states in our practical lives?

If we’re honest enough to acknowledge what we really don’t know, we don’t presume to know anything more about these concepts than what a dictionary can tell us, and can’t honestly talk about integrating “these states in our practical lives”. Are they “states” that are anything like what we know, or beyond the limits our conditioning imposes?

Krishnamurti may have been talking about a brain so radically different from the limited brain we know, that he may as well have been talking to chimpanzees, it seems to me, since none of these words are more than concepts to me.

Question: can the limited brain realise that it is limited? Not that s.o. (including yourself) says that one has a limited brain, but does this realisation take place on a different level? A state where there is no more longing, no more endeavor, where the brain encounters its own limitation and wants no more.
Is this possible at all? It seems to me the only possibility i.e. to ask for the impossible.
But … do we ?

I don’t see how the brain can see what it’s doing without being outside of, beyond itself…what we call “insight”, clear and comprehensive understanding of what was baffling until what’s inside is seen from outside.

With this limited brain we will bring about limited actions.
Is this a fact or merely an intellectual statement? Do you see what I mean?
Because there is a huge difference between the two. Again … is this a fact or a statement?
So … do we live with statements, opinions or do we live with facts?

We live with both, but they’re interchangeable when the brain is more inclined to self-deception than self-knowledge.

Can we find out whether what you are saying is really a fact or merely a statement?
It is interesting to go deeper in it.
What is the difference, if any, between the brain and the ego, which (it seems ) to have been created by the brain? Are both the same? And what about thought when in operation?

Why do you say “we”? Do you assume that I don’t know whether what I’ve said “is really a fact or merely a statement?”

What is the difference, if any, between the brain and the ego, which (it seems ) to have been created by the brain?

What is the difference between finding or not finding your answer to your question, and asking someone else for their answer to your question?

1 Like

Do my questions offend you in any way?
I hope not, but if so (and you are the only person that might know), do know that having a dialogue becomes extremely difficult (for both of us who are involved in it), in fact it is not taking place at all.
So, can you tell me what the matter is?

No. You have to find out for yourself.

How can i find out what the matter is with you? That is impossible.
I can just ask you about but since you refuses to answer this simple question there is no way to communicate, which is ofcourse a pity.