GPT rides again!

I see… Let me then ask you something: what would your response have been if I had used that same question/reasoning regarding my original post?

So please don’t misunderstand me, as I’m not looking for any conflict or confrontation, but to simply delve deeper into it (not about your reaction, but about what I asked [with all due respect] in my original post)

I have responded to your claims above : post 19 - “who are these people you are reacting to …etc”

But we can go into it some more :

There are 2 things under discussion, the use of chatGPT (which you are questioning) and the condemnation of our image of others (which I am questioning).

Addressing specifically your initial claims again (about people using ChatGPT) :

• firstly the question of “ENTERTAIN(ment)” vs “real hearfelt inquiry into the human condition” is a crucial one (please feel free to start a discussion about it whenever you like)

• however your claim that the use of technology to explore the works of K is somehow evidence that the inquiry is not serious, is entertainment; is necessarily fallacious (wrong) - books, videos, libraries, encyclopedias, google, the internet are also technologies. You would need to ask the individual people about their motives.

As for my point about violence in communication, we can go into that further if you like.
I’ll just say that reacting to the images we hold as if they were true, has real world consequences.

So the evolution of the human brain will not take place in time but only now if it can see the danger of its image making faculty? The animal brain it seems instinctively knows its predators. Our brain has to identify possible ‘enemies’ but it needs to become aware of the danger of holding images it has formed in the past as they may not be accurate in the present?

1 Like

Cont.

This also points to the bigger issue for our brain and that is the general ‘problem’ of attachment? Attachment to anything.

The danger is not the brain’s “image making faculty”, but how psychological thought employs it. There’s nothing wrong with the brain that losing psychological thought won’t rectify.

Our brain has to identify possible ‘enemies’ but it needs to become aware of the danger of holding images it has formed in the past as they may not be accurate in the present.

Our brain is aware of “the danger of holding images it has formed in the past as they may not be accurate in the present”, and therefore how its images must be updated constantly.

Yes it’s the self’s (my) fault not the “brain’s. It’s less work to have others ‘pegged’ than to try to see the image I’ve formed of someone and to let it go. Less arduous to just leave the image?

This is the “being nothing” (not-a-thing) that K talked so much about. Being not a thing created by thought.

I wouldn’t say, “let it go”, but see it for what it is. There’s always a germ of truth in a distortion.

Less arduous to just leave the image?

Less self-aware of the fact that images are just stand-ins for what I can’t perceive directly and can’t help distorting to fit my illusion of reality.

That Trump is the second coming of Christ?

Okay, not always…

2 Likes