Concentration, Attention, Meditation and Self-Knowledge

Don’t know how your using “me” here? Thinking is a ‘sense’ like seeing and hearing, no? Would you say that hearing, seeing is “the movement of me”?

I’d say thought/knowledge/self is the filter with which we interpret info from the senses. Self/thought is the way we interpret the world, which in turn provides further food for self/thought

Please reconsider - if only from a logical perspective (thought can sometimes be helpful that way) Doesn’t mean you have to accept the proposition : “no separation between thinker and thought” or “the thought is the thinker”

Not that surprising - considering the story above

This is the cost, no security, no foundation, no comfort, no home, no identity.

So luckily we managed to avoid all that, thanks to a bit of intellectual excitement.
Meditation is pretty boring and trying to be nothing is impossible anyway.

What happens? Is there something from this awareness? Or is it just a different, difficult, messy, occupation with the thoughts?

A formless silence where everything happens. No distinction between thought and no thought - No one to be occupied with its own discriminations.

Not “lucky” at all though, is it?.

1 Like

Right, because the search for security is fear, foundation is dogma, comfort is habit, home implies that the major part of existence is alien to me, and identity depends on alienation.

1 Like

All thought is the thinker, but if practical thought is not psychological thought, why did K make the distinction? Is it always possible to distinguish between the two?

For descriptive purposes in an attempt at communication - people want explanations.
Thought, self and discrimination have their uses.

Logic, reason are tools - desire, fear are motivation - all are thought.